Nowadays, the main problem facing sales teams is that people don’t like to be contacted by salespeople. Buyers would rather search for the information they need and connect with peers online. The buyer is in control and is more aware of what is happening in the market that they are interested in.
As a result, the role of the seller has also changed. They are now required to understand the buyer and their needs, create immediate value, and to avoid solely focusing on completing a sale. Here, can be seen the importance of sales enablement.
Sales enablement refers to the ability of a salesperson to offer content that is tailored to a certain person at the right time of their buying journey.
In order to achieve this, a company should consider having the following:
- A list of contacts created upon their intent of purchase.
- Data that makes reference to a prospect’s interests and intent.
- Content that will link the company with the prospects in terms of trust and in accordance with their interests so that they will purchase.
The role of the marketer in sales enablement
As a marketer, you must be aware that you are the one that should help the sales team complete a sale. The main elements that will help you with this process are content and understanding customers. You should create content that will bind prospects with salespeople and build a relationship based on trust and shared interests.
Sales enablement role
Sales enablement helps a company to generate productivity in terms of sales and generate a return on investment. It covers the sales side of the revenue cycle and helps in the following processes:
- Identify prospective buyers by analyzing their online activity and from the interest that they have expressed in your company’s activities.
- Create a dialogue between your company and customers through engaging content.
- Train your sales department about the use of tools and techniques that will help them track customer prospects in the buying cycle.
Tools and technologies necessary to sales enablement
Sales enablement cannot happen by itself. This process requires the use of the following tools and technologies in order to work efficiently and produce valuable results:
CRM or Sales Force Automation (SFA)
These systems are useful in the management of sales activities such as daily tasks, activity record-keeping, lead routing and disposition, opportunity and forecast modeling.
This brings your marketing and sales teams together in a database to enable communication between both teams by using the sales leads or the opportunities in CRM along with other tools.
Other tools to use
Each sale representative communicates in a different way with prospects in order to closes deals.
You may undertake the following actions:
1. Be notified in real-time by email whenever a prospect visits your website. Here, you may include visitors’ details such as the number of visited pages, the duration of their visit and the keywords used in their search.
2. Help your sales team resonate with buyers by providing them with reports of your prospects’ online activities and behavior.
3. Offer your sales team access and the possibility to customize pre-built templates. Connect their email program so as to track recipient responses directly.
4. Provide an automatic email report to your sales team outlining buyer activities. Through this, your sales team can identify important contacts, companies and hot leads.